March 17, 2012

Pit bull information links

Links from my pit bull enlightenment post are NOT included in this list.

A great site with information regarding many things, from a fantastic women who coins herself a 'breed steward.' This means that she breeds the dogs, but only for the upkeep and betterment of the breed, which-- done correctly with the utmost care-- does NOT necessarily contribute to pet overpopulation.

The Vancouver-based rescue & advocacy society that I most closely support. Pit bull & BSL as well as adoption from there program info here. Also a forum to join even if you don't have a pit bull, are not looking to adopt one but would just like to learn more. Members here are very well-educated and experienced, patient to teach and all from the BC area.

Information regarding backyard breeders and puppy mills. I only just skimmed through this site, but it looks like a good comprehensive source for all sort of information. Say NO to adopting from pet stores and backyard breeders! Say YES to adopting through rescue organizations and other reputable shelters!

A ton of information here regarding feeding your dog raw. Not to forget that same principles apply to cats as well! The site looks hard to navigate through and messy, but I know I've picked up a lot of good information here. If you're looking for quick info myths and other, see the next link.

Fantastic source of quick, basic and easy-to-understand information debunking some popular myths about raw feeding.

I will add more to this list soon enough! If you want to learn more information fast, or have any questions, or are wondering which sketchy facts are true or false, or any information regarding pit bulls at all, e-mail me! If I can't fully answer your question myself I'm sure I can point you in the right direction.
damnradioman@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment